This Policy was last modified on June 11, 2015.
Welcome to PostaNote.co.nz, a division of Allied Press Ltd. We are committed to providing a positive, friendly, informative and safe experience for all our users.
This Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and protect your Personal Information when providing our Services to you.
Throughout this policy:
- "Personal Information" means information that can be used to identify you, as an individual but does not include business contact information or information that has been made anonymous.
- “Services” includes the PostaNote.co.nz website and any related services, tools, or applications, including applications for mobile devices.
- “we” “us” or “our” refers to "POST A NOTE 2014 LIMITED" and its divisions, subsidiaries, or assigns.
By using our Services, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
You may access or use our Services through various third party social media websites (e.g. Facebook or Twitter). In doing so, you may choose to provide us with Personal Information stored by such websites. The Personal Information we have access to varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website and your consent. By associating an account managed by a third party with your account with us and authorizing us to have access to your Personal Information, you agree that we may collect, use and store your Personal Information from these websites in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
You may visit and browse our websites without providing us with any Personal Information. However, we automatically collect the following data:
- Web log data (e.g. access times, pages viewed, and Internet Protocol address);
- Data about your device (e.g. operating system, device type, browser type); and
- Data collected through cookies (see the Cookies section below for more information).
Communications through our Websites
Whether or not you list or have an account with us, we collect all communications with other users through our site (e.g. the contacting of a seller). Such communications, which may contain Personal Information, are kept private and retained by us according to this Policy.
Posting a Listing
When you post a listing with us, we require that you provide us with an email address, your location and a password associated with your listing. The collection of this data is necessary to place listings. We keep this data private with the exception of your location, which is publicly displayed.
In association with your listing, you have the option to provide a phone number, postcode, and website address. By choosing to provide us with a postcode or GPS location through your mobile device, your region will appear on a map. You are also free to enter other data in the body of the listing, which may contain Personal Information such as your name or address.
Payments are processed through the secure DPS Payment Express system. Any credit card details stored for payments are done so on the DPS system.
Any Personal Information that you choose to associate with your listing will be collected by us and publicly displayed. If you do not wish for such Personal Information to be collected or publicly displayed, then please do not provide it in your listing..
Creating an Account
When you sign up for an account with us you must provide us with a username, an email address, and a password. The collection of this data is necessary to set up an account. We keep this data private with the exception of the username, which is publicly displayed.
When you open an account you may optionally provide us with your name, location, GPS location through a mobile device, postcode, description or phone number.
With the exception of your phone number, this information is publicly displayed as part of your sellers’ profile. Last names are displayed using only a first initial. Postcodes are used to produce maps.
If you post a listing but you do not have an account or you are not logged in to your account at the time you post it, the password you create to edit your listing is not encrypted. This means that we can see your password, although we keep it private.
When you create an account, your password is encrypted, meaning that no one can see your password except you.
We do not collect or store our users’ financial information (e.g. banking or credit card information).
Use of Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information so that we can provide our Services to you in a safe, smooth and customised manner. We also use your Personal Information to improve our Services and to communicate with you. In particular, you agree that we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with access to our Services and user support;
- Customize, measure and improve our Services, and its associated content;
- Contact you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and fix problems with your account or our Services; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We may use your Personal Information to directly communicate with you about our Services or deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers, but we will only do so based on your consent.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, you can follow the opt-out instructions included in any such communications. Please understand that your choice to opt-out may not immediately take effect if a marketing or survey campaign is already underway when you opt-out.
Disclosure of Personal Information
There are times when we disclose your Personal Information to other persons or organisations, but under no circumstances do we sell or rent your Personal Information. Here are examples of when we may disclose your Personal Information:
- At your request or with your consent (e.g. when you put your Personal Information in a listing that you post);
- When required or permitted by law;
- In relation to an investigation or legal proceeding;
- In order to protect you, other customers, or ourselves from error, fraud or illegal activity; or
- In connection with a bankruptcy or a transaction to sell or merge parts of our business.
- Analyzing our website traffic;
- Identifying returning users or account holders and ensuring account security;
- Allowing returning users to navigate our websites more easily;
- Tracking the use of our Services so that we can improve our sites and applications; or
- Building profiles based on the use of our Services and third party websites, enabling us to provide personalized content, advertisements and services.
We may contract with certain third parties, such as DoubleClick or Google Analytics, to place Cookies on our websites, but we do not permit them to collect your Personal Information. Such third parties assist us in operating our websites and they may provide you with additional products and services.
Protecting and Retaining Your Personal Information
We store your Personal Information on our computers in New Zealand and elsewhere in the world where we operate. We take various security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. Such measures include the use of firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and information access authorisation controls.
We take steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is accurate and up to date. You may update your Personal Information by changing your account settings.
Except where otherwise stated, this Policy addresses only the use and disclosure of Personal Information we collect from you. We are not in control of or responsible for any Personal Information you disclose to others, including buyers or sellers on our websites, or to other websites throughout the Internet. Different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the Personal Information you provide them.
We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Information to others.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time, we may make changes to this Policy. When we do so, we will place a notice on our website. All amendments shall become effective within 30 days of such notice.
If you have questions about your privacy or this Policy, or if you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your Information, please contact our Privacy Office:
Post a Note.co.nz
52 Stuart Street, Dunedin 9016
P.O. Box 51, Dunedin 9054